- Thursday April 8th, 2010
9:30am - 12:30pm
- The Center for Cosmology and Astro-Particle Physics (CCAPP) at The Ohio State University (OSU) is holding a Highest Energy Hadronic Interactions Mini-Workshop in Columbus, Ohio on Thursday April 8th, 2010.
- Ultra high energy cosmic rays interact with atmospheric molecules at energies orders of magnitude higher than terrestrial accelerator beams. These first interactions determine the nature of the resulting cascade observed by ground based detectors. The extrapolation of laboratory measurements to these extreme energies gives rise to large uncertainties in cosmic ray simulations.
- This workshop will focus on the the state of ongoing study of these interactions, to foster greater cooperation between researchers to reduce these uncertainties.
- Please contact host Eric Grashorn if interested in attending.
- There were 10 participants