- Wednesday March 16 through Friday March 18, 2011
- Organizing by Jennifer Johnson
- The Center for Cosmology and Astro-Particle Physics (CCAPP) at The Ohio State University (OSU) is holding a workshop on "The Formation of the Milky Way: The SEGUE perspective" in Columbus, Ohio on March 16-18, 2011. The workshop will bring together observers and theorists working to understand the formation of the Milky Way.
- The focus will be on methods of using the data from the SDSS surveys SEGUE and SEGUE2 to test models of processes, such as the merging of satellites to form the Galactic halo, the heating of the disk by satellite encounters, the radial migration of stars in the disk, and the infall of gas into the Galaxy that have occurred over the long history of the Milky Way.
- The 3-day workshop will be proceeded by a 2 day gathering of those working on the calibration of SEGUE data.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
For more information on the workshop or questions please contact Jennifer Johnson.
- There were 38 participants.